Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stop and Smell the Roses

Many of you know that the lady that cares for Lexi is Lila. Well Lila has the most beautiful rose bushes in her front yard leading up to the front door. When Lexi started walking she would stop every time a new rose was in bloom and excitedly say "Look Mom! a flower!" she would stop dead in her tracks and smell the rose and adore it. At first my instinct was to say... "Hurry Lexi, Mom's late" and I stopped myself... No Jen... STOP, SMELL, ADORE. Look at what Lexi is teaching you. So now every morning, no matter how hurried I feel, I stop with Lexi and smell the roses.

4 comments:

Huffstuff said...

GOOD for you! I wished I would have stopped more to do those little things. They grow up so fast. Enjoy the Journey!

The Mechlings said...

good for you, Jen. Too often we THINK we should but we don't actually slow down to do it. Lexi will appreciate the little things like that the most!

pbwestbroek said...

My first thought was GOOD FOR YOU JEN. I thought i would leave a comment and then when I got to this page,those were everyone elses exact words. You will thank yourself a million times especially as time goes on.You learned at a very young age. Most of us wait untill we are grandparents.
Love Becky

kclittle said...

That literally makes me cry. I am so glad that you decided to do that, and I want to be better at that as well.