Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Favorite Time of the Year

Fall has to be the best time of the year. The heat breaks, the wind changes, the air feels crisp and the leaves change color. Maybe it's because school started in fall for so many years of my life, I don't know what it is, but I LOVE IT. We had another change in our house, we took down the crib and set up Lexi's "big girl bed". I don't like it. I hate that she is getting big. We are having a hard time getting her to stay in bed once we take her in at 8:00, but I'm sure it will get easier. Stay tuned for progress reports.

6 comments:

Huffstuff said...

I love fall too. It doesn't last long enough. About the big kid bed. I hate that transition too. She will get use to it soon enough. I hate that growning up part, that means that the baby is no longer there, only the big kid.

Stephanie said...

Switching to a big bed seems so scary. And, yeah, we'll see you guys at Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys!

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Fall is my favorite too. I love being able to be outside and not have that "I think I could melt" feeling.

The Mechlings said...

i'm with you ... autumn is my favorite too! i LOVED it so much when I left AZ and moved back east. I loved every moment of it. as for the bed situation, it'll get better ... but it'll never be the same, where she CAN'T get out!

Shannon said...

I know what you mean. But, I have to say, I have loved Ashley being in a "big kid bed" because that means that I get to lay by her side while I read her bedtime stories.

-Eric

kclittle said...

Hi Jen,

I can't wait until it actually feels like fall in AZ. 9it feels like fall inside to me because school started, like you said). But the mornings have actually been cool-ER than normal - so there is hope for us!